Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Dias 3

In this moment, a phrase Dr. Mary often uses to begin many sentences; Adrianno, according to the interpreter; Is asking me if this visit is going to take as long as the last one. Apparently, he was sleeping. We disturbed him when we wanted to fit his prosthesis to him. ;-). You can see by the pile of legs in the corner that we have been working. You can see evidence of a 77 year old building that has benn repaired and repaired . You can see by lack of natural light that it is late in the day. And Adrianno, true to his nature...is just himself. I don't need him to appreciate me. I need to enjoy the wonderment that is Adrianno while I stay focus on my task of helping him remain as mobile as possible.

Hard to imagine a more perfect day. The only thing that could make it more complete was being surrounded by my personal friends and family....

We all toiled late into the day. Molding, adjusting, cutting, guiding, demonstrating, hugging, clapping, laughing, gritting, crying...dreaming.....and working.

Our prosthetic teams got most every patient up on a device for at least a brief moment today. Enough to know what adjustments are needed to further ensure success for tomorrow.

This is a big step for such a large group of but all were patient and accommodating. For the day was not without its mishaps and errs that we need to work through and improve on to secure success for tomorrow.

At 9pm when we were finally done seeing patients. Dr. Mary, Hospital staff, patients from the present and the past put on a dinner for us. It was extremely touching and entertaining. It is impossible not to be emotional seeing people that I haven't seen in years, but are still walking on a device I helped make. We are undeniably connected and we both know it. Eventually, I will try to post the version of Greased Lightening that the patients performed. Till then, please let your imagination run wild.

Buenos noches
Pablo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dias 3

In this moment, a phrase Dr. Mary often uses to begin many sentences; Adrianno, according to the interpreter; Is asking me if this visit is ...